Print Friendly Recipe
- Candy - The Grape Restaurant, Dallas
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). minced shallots
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) brown sauce or thickened demiglace
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). sugar
- squeeze lemon
- dash garlic puree
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry Marsala
- 1 cup (225 ml) thinly sliced mushrooms
- 12 oz (336 grm). boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- seasoned flour
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter in saucepan.
- Add shallots and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the brown sauce, sugar, lemon, garlic, and bay leaf.
- When liquid boils, add the Marsala and simmer gently 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Melt remaining butter in small skillet until it begins to brown.
- Add mushrooms and saute until barely done.
- Stir mushrooms into sauce.
- Pound chicken breasts until very thin and dredge in flour.
- Brown chicken in melted butter on both sides until done.
- Pour off excess butter and add sauce directly to skillet.
- Simmer for 30 seconds.
- Serve sauce on chicken or pass separately in sauceboat.
- I have made this with veal and chicken. It is from The Grape restaurant on Lower Greenville Avenue in Dallas, Texas where we enjoyed this dish often in the early 1980's.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.