Print Friendly Recipe
- Helen Binkewicz
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 5 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 slices American cheese
- oleo or butter
- Saute onion in oleo.
- Boil potatoes; drain.
- Add onion to potatoes.
- Add cheese and mash.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, eggs, sour cream and salt.
- Knead together for 10 minutes.
- Divide into 3 portions.
- Roll out dough, cut into squares.
- Put one tsp of filling into each square, fold over dough and seal edges.
- Place about 1 1/2 dozen pierogi into half a kettle of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Helen Binkewicz, "Favorite Recipes Collected by St. Mary's Ladies Guild," St. Mary's Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church, Endicott, NY, 1984, p. 258.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.