Print Friendly Recipe
- Dessertrecipe.com (Shirley)
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 18.25 ounce package white cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) almond extract
- 8 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch round mixing bowl or deep 8-inch square container with foil.
- Spread ice cream in container, packing firmly.
- Cover and freeze 8 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour an 8 inch x 8 inch pan.
- Prepare cake mix with egg and almond extract.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven according to package instructions, until center of cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar, salt and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or heavy brown paper.
- Place cake in center.
- Turn molded ice cream out onto cake.
- Quickly and prettily spread meringue over cake and ice cream, all the way to paper to seal.
- Return to freezer 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Bake the Alaska on the lowest shelf, 8 to 10 minutes, or until meringue is lightly browned.
- Serve at once.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.