Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). roundsteak
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large can mushrooms (stems and pieces)
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 large can whole tomatoes
- 1 small can crushed tomatoes and green peppers
- cooked mashed potatoes, optional
- dinner rolls, optional
- Heat vegetable oil in a large iron skillet on med/high (about 1/4 cup).
- Salt and pepper the round steak.
- Roll in the one cup of flour.
- Place the round steak in the pre-heated skillet.
- Cook until flour is slightly brown.
- Remove the roundsteak.
- Place the sliced onion and mushrooms in the drippings from the roundsteak and sautee until slightly browned.
- Add the bouillon cubes and stir until desolved.
- Place the roundsteak back in the skillet.
- Add the whole tomatoes and the crushed tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Place the lid on the skillet and simmer for 3 hours--be sure to stir often to prevent sticking.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and dinner rolls.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.