Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light soy sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) rice wine or dry sherry
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carrot, diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) frozen peas
- 4 cups (950 ml) cold cooked rice
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl.
- Mix to blend well and set aside.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat--when it begins to smoke, add 2 tbsp (30 ml) of peanut oil and the lightly beaten eggs.
- Stir until the eggs are firm but moist.
- Transfer the eggs from the skillet to a small bowl and break them into small curds; set aside.
- Bring 1 quart (950 ml) of water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the carrot and boil 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Drain again and reserve.
- Place a wok over medium-high heat.
- When it begins to smoke, add the remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) of peanut oil and the garlic; stir briefly.
- Add the carrots, celery, red pepper, and peas.
- Stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Pour in the sauce and cook until the rice is heated through, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot.
- Source: Joanne Hush, Classic Chinese Cooking
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.