Print Friendly Recipe
- This salad is a requirement for three generations of our family for EVERY holiday meal. Its not a holiday without frozen fruit salad!
- Linda Weissert
- 8 oz (224 grm). neufchatel or cream cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) light sour cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1 can apricot halves in light syrup, drained
- 1 8-3/4 oz (245 grm). can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). bag frozen dark red cherries
- 1 cup (225 ml) miniature marshmallows
- Beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl unti smooth.
- Blend in sour cream and sugar, then fruit and then marshmallows.
- Pour into decorative mold or bundt pan and freeze overnight.
- Unmold and serve.
- You can line a platter with lettuce leaves or kale leave and place the salad on it for a beautiful presentation or you can cut it into slices and serve on individual lettuce leaves.
You can make this a week ahead of the holiday and take out of the freezer an hour or so before dinner and then unmold. Sure makes the holiday kitchen rush a little easier doing it ahead.
This recipe started out using real cream cheese and real sour cream, not to mention canned fruits in heavy syrup, but I've lightened it up over the years. Still tastes just the same...delicious!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.