Print Friendly Recipe
- A very versitle sauce!
- 2 loin strip steaks (1 to 1-1/2'' thick)
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tsp (10 ml). lemon juice, fresh or concentrated
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Soften the butter (if you microwave it don't let it melt all the way).
- Add the lemon juice and parsley.
- Mix well.
- Spread on wax paper and place in the refrigerator until it returns to its butter state.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Cover the bottom of a broiling pan with silver foil.
- Place the steaks on the grate (of the broiling pan)and season with salt and pepper (yes plain salt and pepper).
- Put in preheated oven.
- Cook until desired doneness is acheived.
- When the steaks are done take them out of the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes (this resting will make the steak more tender).
- After the steaks have rested, cut the butter into pats and place one or two on the steak.
- The sauce will work with just about any cut of beef or pork. Just remember to adjust the temp accordingly!
Try this - instead of parsley use garlic powder or minced garlic. This works with just about any spice...as long as the taste matches beef.
This goes great with baked potatoes - you can add the extra butter to the baked potato.
If you like wine...a nice White Zen matches very well.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.