Print Friendly Recipe
- Apple Cake baked in jars, then sealed
- Sherry Shoemaker
Serves/Makes:7 or more jars
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) shortening
- 2-2/3 cups (625 ml) sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). salt
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) water
- 3 cups (700 ml) grated, peeled apples
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) raisins
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) chopped nuts
- Mix the ingredients together in the order given.
- Sterilize 7 to 9 wide mouth pint jars and lids.
- Grease them with shortening.
- Fill the jars half full and bake on the midle wire rack in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 325 degrees (175 C.).
- As soon as the cake is done, remove the jars from the oven, one at a time.
- Wipe the rim of the jar clean with cloth and put on the hot sterilized lids.
- Screw down the bands and let cool.
- Be sure to NOT use small mouth jars, you won't be able to get your cakes out.
- Do not add any other ingredients.
- As the cake cools, it will pull away from the sides of the jar.
- They can be kept for approximately 1 year kept sealed.
- A friend gave this to me for Christmas one year, recipe included. Not exactly sure where she found the recipe but it was delicious! Good luck.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.