Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground or chopped pork
- 1 tsp (5 ml). chili powder
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sliced olives
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) shredded cheese, cheddar and/or jack
- 1 can whole kernal corn, drained
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 8.5 oz (238 grm). pkg. corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 4 oz (112 grm). cans green chilis, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sour cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). paprika
- optional toppings (see below)
- Brown pork in a skillet, add chili powder, drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the olives, cheese, whole kernal corn, cream style corn, corn bread/muffin mix, green chilis, eggs, sour cream, garlic powder, and paprika and blend but do not overmix.
- Add the pork to the mixture.
- Pour into 13" x 9" greased ovenproof casserole dish or a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees (200 C.) for about 40 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Top with garnishes of your choice, salsa, cheeses, chopped green onions, more olives, chopped tomato, sour cream or any combinations you like.
- My kids liked this reheated the next day with a can of Hormel Chili. Place the square in a bowl and spoon whatever amount of chili you like over or around it and microwave to heat thoroughly. Sprinkle with your favorite topping garnishes.
This freezes very well.
This can crumble up into a delightful topping for green or red chili on cooler evenings for a great touch.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.