Print Friendly Recipe
- Egg Foo Yung patties with sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked ham or pork
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) drained, canned bean sprouts
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) chopped green onion tops
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 3 eggs
- Oil for DEEP frying
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tsp (5 ml) molasses
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cornstarch
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold water
- Put meat, onion, sprouts, green onion tops, soy sauce, and salt in a bowl; mix well.
- Stir the eggs lightly into the mixture.
- Use a deep-bowl ladle to spoon out the mixture and lower gently into hot oil.
- Let them fry until they rise to the top; turn each to brown the other side.
- Lift out with large slotted spoon.
- Cover with a little sauce.
- Heat stock with molasses and soy sauce.
- Combine corn starch with water; stir until smooth.
- Let come to a boiling and cook until thickened.
- Variations: instead of ham or pork, shrimp, chicken, crabmeat, all can be canned or cooked.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.