Print Friendly Recipe
- A wonderful way to eat broccoli! Broccoli has calcium, fiber, Vitamin A and C too! Gaurds against cancer and heart disease!
- S. Chokel
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh broccoli
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 2 tsp (10 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- Wash broccoli and discard the tough portions of stalk.
- Split stalks lengthwise to uniform sizes for more even cooking.
- For an even more tender broccoli, peel the stalks with a paring knife before cooking. Check to make sure for any tender sweet stalk meat from the discarded stalks as well. They are great chopped in salads.
- Arrange broccoli spears with stalks to the outside of the dish and flowerets in the center.
- Add the water to the dish.
- Cover and cook on full power 6-7 minutes.
- Let stand for three minutes.
- Just prior to serving, sprinkle extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice and salt and pepper over the broccoli.
- Garnish with chopped sweet red pepper or a little bit of lemon zest.
- I often times will mix the lemon juice and oil prior to putting it over the broccoli and double the amounts for more flavor.
If you don't have extra virgin olive oil, that is fine.. however, the extra virgin is from the first pressing of the olives and has a heightened flavor that adds the robust deliciousness to this dish. I recommend using extra virgin olive oil.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.