Print Friendly Recipe
- Dieters LOOK AT THIS! Great recipe for the Health Conscience or those with Dietary Restrictions!
- Muffin Ingredients:
- 1 vegetable cooking spray (optional) or 30 mini-muffin papers or 12 regular muffin papers.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) wheat germ
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt, optional
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) skim milk
- 3 tablepsoons margarine, melted
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) wheat germ
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Line 30 mini-muffin pan cups or 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners, or spray bottoms only wtih cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine apple butter, milk, margarine and egg whites until well blended.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups almost full with batter.
- In small bowl, combine ground cinnamon, wheat germ, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, margarine and mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter, patting gently.
- Bake mini-muffins 12 to 15 minutes, and larger muffins 20 to 22 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Notes: To freeze, wrap muffins securely in foil or place in freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
To reheat muffins, unwrap and microwave on High (100% power) about 30 seconds per muffin.
Per Serving (1 mini-muffin): About 75 cal, 5 g pro, 13 g car, 2 g fat, 24% cal from fat, 0 mg chol, 65 mg sod.
Source: Woman's Day 'Low-Fat Meals' (Volume IV, Number 3) Typed for you by Karen Mintzias
Recipe taken 08/28/01 from Chef2Chef internet website at:
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.