Print Friendly Recipe
- Dieters LOOK AT THIS! Great recipe for the Health Conscience or those with Dietary Restrictions!
- Muffin Ingredients:
- 1 vegetable cooking spray (optional) or 30 mini-muffin papers or 12 regular muffin papers.
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) wheat germ
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt, optional
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) skim milk
- 3 tablepsoons margarine, melted
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- Streusel Topping Ingredients:
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) wheat germ
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Line 30 mini-muffin pan cups or 12 medium muffin cups with paper liners, or spray bottoms only wtih cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- In small bowl, combine apple butter, milk, margarine and egg whites until well blended.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups almost full with batter.
- In small bowl, combine ground cinnamon, wheat germ, brown sugar, all-purpose flour, margarine and mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter, patting gently.
- Bake mini-muffins 12 to 15 minutes, and larger muffins 20 to 22 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
- Notes: To freeze, wrap muffins securely in foil or place in freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
To reheat muffins, unwrap and microwave on High (100% power) about 30 seconds per muffin.
Per Serving (1 mini-muffin): About 75 cal, 5 g pro, 13 g car, 2 g fat, 24% cal from fat, 0 mg chol, 65 mg sod.
Source: Woman's Day 'Low-Fat Meals' (Volume IV, Number 3) Typed for you by Karen Mintzias
Recipe taken 08/28/01 from Chef2Chef internet website at:
|Email This To A Friend