Print Friendly Recipe
- Elegant Recipe. Looks exciting, tasty, and a great way for someone to enjoy ceviche the first time!
Serves/Makes:4 as main course
- 1 lb (.5 kg). scallops
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium mild red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). olive oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). minced garlic
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Gently lower the scallops into the water and then remove immediately.
- Place on a plate to cool.
- Bring the water back to a boil.
- Drop the shrimp into the water and turn off the heat.
- Let sit until the shrimp are bright orange, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Mix together the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, carrot, cilantro, and jalapeno.
- Add the scallops and shrimp to the vegetables.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lime juice, olive oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Pour over the vegetable and fish mixture and toss to mix evenly.
- Gently stir in the avocado and salt.
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Serve with a grind of fresh pepper.
- Suggested wines: Byron Pinot Blanc or Caliterra Sauvignon Blanc
- This recipe was taken 08/28/01 from the Robert Mondavi Winery website at:
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.