Print Friendly Recipe
- Very popular Chinese egg dish
- Egg Mixture:
- 4 oz (112 grm). shelled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 tsp (10 ml) water
- 1 cup (225 ml) bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash white pepper
- 2 tsps. peanut or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml). rice vinegar
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- Beat eggs with 2 tsp (10 ml) water.
- Prepare egg mixture in bowl by combining shrimp, beaten eggs, bean sprouts, scallions & seasonings.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil in 9" nonstick skillet.
- Drop a scant 1/4 cup (60 ml) of egg mixture into hot oil and cook until set and lightly browned on bottom.
- Turn patty over & brown other side.
- Remove to a warmed platter & keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining egg mixture, using scant 1/4 cup (60 ml) mixture for each patty.
- In small saucepan combine soy sauce, corn starch, vinegar and ginger, stirring to disolve cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to boil and cook until sauce thickens.
- To serve:
- Transfer patties to 2 warmed plates and top each portion with half of the sauce.
- May be served as a main entree, or one of several dishes as served in a Chinese restaurant. Makes an excellent breakfast.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.