Print Friendly Recipe
- Michael's BabyCakes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain mashed potatoes (without pepper)
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) flavoring (Vanilla, Almond, Mint, Rum, Hazelnut, Lemon, Orange, Anise, Pumpkin or whatever you like)
- 1 pound sifted confectioners' sugar
- Optional: Food Colors for variety can be used, additonal confectioners' sugar may be needed.
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) large crystal colored sugar, sugar and spices, finely chopped nuts, or whatever you might want to roll them in.
- In a medium to large bowl, combine mashed potatoes and flavoring.
- Adding one cup at a time, blend in enough confectioners' sugar to form a stiff, nonsticky dough.
- Working with about 1 tsp (5 ml) of mixture for each candy, form into desired shapes.
- As you do every 4-6 shapes, roll them, dust them, or cover them as desired.
- Store candies in cool place or refrigerate.
- The mashed potatoes can be done with milk and salt, but no pepper. Also, the butter makes them richer and I think better. I like to use evaporated milk in the mashed potatoes for this recipe. It is creamier and richer textured and flavored.
These can be done at Easter or Christmas for a really fun candy for kids to make. Make as many flavors as you like and use food coloring for colored ones. Roll into balls like ornaments or egg shapes and use a pastry bad to frost and decorate with with the usual cookie and candy decorations.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.