Print Friendly Recipe
- Loaf Cake
- 1 basic non-fat cake batter
- 16 oz (448 grm). non-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 pk. non-dairy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) orange flavored liquer OR
- 1 tsp (5 ml) orange juice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) coarsely chopped dried fruit
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chocolate sauce
- Bake cake in 2 greased 9x5 inch loaf pans 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cool and turn out as directed. You will only use one loaf, freeze the second one.
- Process ricotta cheese in a blender until smooth, scraping sides often.
- Scrape cheese into a medium-sized bowl
- Add whipped topping mix, confectioner sugar, and liqueur and beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in fruit and chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours (up to 48 hours)to let the flavor develop.
- Cut loaf cake horizontally.
- Place bottom half on serving plate.
- Spread cut surface with half cheese mixture.
- Place the top half of cake on filling; press down lightly.
- Spread top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Drizzle cake with chocolate sauce.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I made this once and it is one of the best cakes I've tried.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.