Print Friendly Recipe
- Pie w/streusel topping
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 6 cups (1425 ml) zucchini, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) cream of tartar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- dash nutmeg
- dash salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
- 9 inch pie shell
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) of bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soft margarine or butter
- dash nutmeg
- dash cinnamon
- Cook zucchini in water to cover; simmer until fork tender; drain and cool.
- Add remaining ingredients and put in pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 40 minutes.
- combine all ingredients for streusel topping and mix with fork until crumbly.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle streusel topping on top.
- Bake at 450 degrees (225 C.) for another 20 minutes.
- I found this listed on the net under "Mom's recipes" and it was orginally submitted to "Mom" by a Marge Conti from Charleroi, PA. It looks like an odd recipe.
I have just tried it and it is delicious!!
Great reviews from husband.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.