Print Friendly Recipe
- Wonderful, rich, and sinful
- Alice Larson
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cinnamon
- 8 lg. tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) butter
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). water
- 1/3 jar carmel ice cream topping
- double pie crust, enough for 10 in. pie and lattice top
- On a lightly floured surface roll out 2/3 of crust to about 13-14 in. circle, turn into 10 in. pie plate.
- In large mixing bowl, combine 1/2 c .sugar, 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour and cinnamon.
- Add apples and toss together.
- Put into pie crust.
- In a med. bowl, mix oats, 1/4 cup (60 ml) brown sugar, and 3 tbsp (45 ml). flour.
- Cut in butter, until mix is coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Roll remaining crust out and cut into strips.
- Weave over top of pie.
- Brush lattice with yolk and water mixture.
- To prevent over browning, place foil on edge of pie.
- Bake pie in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake for 35 min longer or until filling is bubbly.
- Remove from oven.
- Drizzle with carmel topping.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Sometimes when I make this, I will use the instant oats packages with raisins and cinnamon. This makes a wonderful tasting pie if you like raisins, Soooooo rich and soooo good, it will take 3 small packages to make enough.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.