Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant
- 12-1/2 lbs (5.7 kg). green tomatoes, chopped
- 8 large onions, chopped
- 10 green bell peppers, chopped
- 3 tsp (15 ml) salt
- 6 chopped green chile peppers
- 1 quart (950 ml) distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) white sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) horseradish
- In a large bowl combine tomatoes, onions, bell peppers and salt.
- Let stand overnight.
- Drain the tomato/pepper mixture and add the hot chile peppers and vinegar.
- Wrap the cinnamon, allspice, cloves, sugar and horseradish in cheesecloth or a porous bag, and add to tomato/pepper mixture.
- Boil for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Pack tightly in sterilized jars and seal.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.