Print Friendly Recipe
- Teri Shute
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- Pastry for single-crust pie
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) light cream or milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp (5 ml). finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml). yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). vanilla
- Prepare and roll out pastry.
- Line a 9-in pie plate.
- Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate.
- Flute edge, do not prick pastry.
- Bake in a 450 degree (225 C.) oven 5 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat eggs until well blended.
- Stir in sugar, light cream or milk, melted butter or margarine, shredded lemon peel, lemon juice, flour, yellow cornmeal, and vanilla.
- Mix well to combine thoroughly.
- Place pie shell on oven rack.
- Pour filling into the partially baked pastry shell.
- To prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for 20-25 minutes more or until knife inserted off-center comes out clean.
- Cool pie on rack before serving.
- Cover, chill to store.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.