Print Friendly Recipe
- For canning
Serves/Makes:5 half pints
- 5 cups (1175 ml) peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely chopped Anaheim chilies
- 1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) seeded and minced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white vinegar (5% acidity)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic
- 2 tsp (10 ml) to 3 tsp (15 ml) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Tabasco
- 1 tsp (5 ml) oregano
- Prepare jars and lids for canning.
- Place all ingredients in large pot and bring to boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Ladle salsa into jars, leave 1/2 inch headspace.
- Wipe rims.
- Attach lids.
- Process in boiling water canner for 15 minutes.
- You cannot safely change any of the ingredient amounts listed, other than the Tabasco, cumin and oregano. This is a mild salsa. For hotter salsa, increase Tabasco.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.