Print Friendly Recipe
- Rich and creamy corn side dish. This is the BEST recipe I have ever had.
- Susan via Phylis S.
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) scalded milk
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can of vacuum packed niblets corn
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) to 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) buttered bread crumbs
- Melt butter, add flour mixed with the dry ingredients and pour on milk gradually.
- Add creamed corn and corn, egg, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour into a buttered ovenproof casserole dish and and cover with the buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) until browned and bubbling.
- This recipe is best if you use a better quality creamed corn. Some of the cheaper ones are almost all "cream" and not much "corn".
You can make this ahead of time, and store in the frige until you bake it, leave off the bread crumbs until just before putting in the oven. This is a GREAT Thanksgiving and Christmas side dish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.