Print Friendly Recipe
- Hearty, simple, tasty, nutritious, inexpensive fall and winter meal.
- Kiss the Cook
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1 lb (.5 kg). egg noodles (homemade are best)
- 1 quart (950 ml) sauerkraut with juice
- 1 ring keilbasa or Polish sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Cook the noodles until they are only half finished, they will be fairly hard.
- In a larger deep saucepan, saute the onions in butter and add the kielbasa and sauerkraut.
- Combine the noodles into the sauerkraut mixture, turning and folding in gently.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
- I add extra butter to this recipe because we like the flavor and the added creaminess the butter gives the "sauce" that develops. This is excellent with big hot Potato Rolls. We serve it with some raw vegetables on the side as relishes and a rich apple crisp with lots of raisins in it for dessert and lightly whipped cream.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.