Print Friendly Recipe
- Graham Cracker Pralines
- Sissy Wommack's Mother Myrtie Joe Hawes
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar (packed firmly into the cup)
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 box or 20 to 30 Graham Crackers(or as many as you want)
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease a very large or 2 regular sized cookie sheets with butter.
- Place the Graham Crackers side by side on the cookie sheet(s), as many as you can, set aside.
- In a heavy sauce pan bring to a boil the sugar and the butter.
- Boil it 2 minutes, no longer.
- Add the pecans and vanilla to the mixture and mix together.
- Then pour the butter and sugar mixture over the Graham Crackers, and spread it evenly over the Graham Crackers with the back of a large spoon.
- Put in oven and bake on 350 degrees (175 C.) for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When you take out of the oven, while still hot, cut the cookies with a knife, and if can cut where the Graham Crackers were originally scored from the factory, that would be great, if not make your own scoring.
- Cool, then they will break off where you scored them.
- Makes a bunch.
- Store in a air tight container.
- Well, I have seen lots of versions on this recipe, but this is my own. It is easy, fattening, rich and GOOD! I was called this morning for the recipe, so I thought while I had it out I would share it with ya'll. Hope you like it. Sissy
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.