Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3/4 lb (.3 kg). ground chuck
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ground cumin
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mild green chiles, chopped (canned)
- 12 corn tortillas
- vegetable oil
- sour cream
- Prepare and preheat deep fryer.
- Brown the beef in a skillet and drain.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add the tomato sauce, cumin, and chiles.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Briefly heat each tortilla in a pan with a little oil until soft enough to roll.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the meat mixture.
- Roll tightly (into the shape of a medium-sized cigar).
- Set aside.
- Quickly deep fry taquitos, about one minute (as many at a time as will fit in your deep fryer without crowding).
- Serve warm with sides of salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.