Print Friendly Recipe
- Chuck's Collection
Serves/Makes:1 1 1/2 lb. loaves
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flax seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sunflower seeds
- 1 cup (225 ml) rolled oats
- 3 cups (700 ml) rye meal
- 4 cups (950 ml) unbleached white flour
- 1 cube compressed yeast or 1 pkg dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) corn oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins
- 1 cup (225 ml) broken pecans
- Mix seeds, rolled oats and 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) rye meal.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) warm water and 1/4 pkg or 1/2 cube of yeast. If using compressed yeast, first dissolve in part of the water and refrigerate overnight.
- Combine seed mixture and yeast mixture, add remaing 2 cups (475 ml) white flour and 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) rye meal, salt, honey, oil and remaing yeast.
- Using a mixer with a dough hook, mix for 5 minutes or knead by hand for 7 minutes.
- Add raisins and pecans after mixing dough.
- Let dough rest for 30 minutes, divide into 2 pieces.
- Work eachpiece into a round, then shape into a loaf form.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, to rise in a warm place, for about 1 hour or until about double in size.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.), place a pan of hot water on the lower shelf.
- Place bread in oven.
- After 10 minutes, lower temperature to 400 degrees (200 C.) and bake for 40 minutes more or until it is nicely browned.
- From Ocala, FL. Star Banner Dec. 29, 1988
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.