Print Friendly Recipe
- Classic American Comfort Food. Tomato and cheese over toast, biscuits, potatoes, or pasta.. (noodles to the older generations)!
- S. Chokel
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped onion
- 1 10-1/2 oz (294 grm).e can Campbell's Condensed tomato soup, (use the brand name here)
- 2 cups (475 ml) cheese, grated (cheddar is classically best!)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika, to taste
- Melt the butter and add the onions and cook until tender.
- Add the soup right out of the can.
- When heated, add the cheese, cook stirring constantly to keep it from glopping until the cheese is melted and blended.
- Add the egg and seasonings.
- Cook, stirring constantly again, (you are blending the egg and cooking it), and do this until the mixture thickens.
- Serve immediately on toast or pasta, biscuits or potatoes, whatever you please.
- Note: Our favorite way to serve this is to use stale or "day old" sourdough bread, Asaigo bread is excellent too. Toast the bread and slice in points and spoon the sauce over the bread. Usually three points per person, lightly buttered is a good quick dinner.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.