Print Friendly Recipe
- Shrimp and rice with more than a hint of garlic
- Allen Miglore
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). large shrimp, uncooked, peeled, deveined, and dry
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). chopped parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) basmati rice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sherry
- Before starting:
- Add garlic to olive oil to allow and set aside.
- Prepare rice:
- Bring chicken broth, water, and sherry to a boil.
- Add shallot and rice, boil slowly until liquid is absorbed and rice is fluffy, typically 20 to 30 minutes.
- Keep warm on a platter.
- When ready to serve:
- Heat oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shrimp (if its not dry, watch out for splatters!), and cook for a few minutes, turning as needed.
- Layer shrimp on rice, and pour garlic oil over it.
- Squeeze a lemon over the dish, and garnish with parsley.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.