Print Friendly Recipe
- Recipe from Louisiana Legacy
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 2 lb (.9 kg). to 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken, cut in serving-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 oz (84 grm). tomato paste
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml). oregano, crushed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). thyme
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). marjoram
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced in strips
- cooked egg noodles
- Flour chicken pieces.
- Saute in oil until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain.
- Saute onions and garlic in the same oil until clear.
- Pour out excess oil and replace chicken.
- Add all other ingredients except green pepper slices.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover, lower temperature and simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Top with green pepper slices.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes longer.
- Stir occasionally during cooking to avoid sticking.
- Serve over boiled egg noodles.
- Can't go wrong with Louisiana home-cookin'!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.