Print Friendly Recipe
- Crispy Coated Roast Chicken
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). allspice or mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- milk, to brush chicken with
- Preheat oven to about 370 degrees (200 C.).
- Cut chicken down breast bone and spread open.
- Place chicken breast side down and with the palm of your hand on the back bone push down to break back bone.
- With chicken now laying flat [open side down] brush skin with milk.
- Combine spices and crumbs and spead over top evenly.
- Bake for about 1 hour 20 mins until cooked through.
- Baste regularly to get nice and crispy.
- This is a favorate from my childhood,and my own family love it too, good old Mum.
Serve with traditional roast trimmings or with salad and fresh crispy bread. YUMMY!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.