Print Friendly Recipe
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) dried basil
- 1/2 small eggplant peeled and diced to 1/4" squares
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooking or olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- provolone cheese, optional
- in small skillet add 1/8 of the oil, let warm up.
- Add diced eggplant and minced garlic to oil.
- Cook till lightly browned, not crispy.
- Meanwhile, dice tomatoes fairly small.
- Let tomatos drain in strainer for at least 10 minutes.
- Shake tomatoes to make sure they are drained enough.
- In large bowl, combine tomatoes and the rest of the oil.
- Mix in basil, vinegar and some salt and pepper.
- Add the eggplant mixture to the tomatoes and mix well.
- Slice and toast the bread (melted provolone optional).
- Place 2 slices of bread to each plate
- Pour mixture over top of entire plate.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.