Print Friendly Recipe
- Heather Blanks
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1 deep-dish pie shell
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour (level)
- 1 stick oleo or margarine, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- In mixing bowl, combine sugar and flour.
- Add melted oleo.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- If you haven't heard of buttermilk pie before, you may be tempted to turn your nose up at it the first time you find out about it. Despite the main ingredient, this is a very sweet, rich, custard-like pie. In addition to having it for dessert, I also like leftovers for breakfast.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.