Print Friendly Recipe
- A delicate sponge layer and a creamy lemon sauce.
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar, divided use
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- Cream margarine and 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar until light and fluffy.
- Blend in egg yolks, lemon juice and rind.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Stir in milk.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold into batter.
- Pour into 8-6 ounce custard cups.
- Set custard cups in baking pan; pour in boiling water to 1/2" depth.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from water; cool 10 minutes.
- Invert on dessert dishes.
- Variation: Pour batter into 1-qt casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Remove from water; cool 20 minutes. Invert on serving plate.
Parkay margarine 1965,
Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottle, Cans and Jars
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.