Print Friendly Recipe
- A rich soup with a sherry overtone
- 2 cans condensed tomato soup or tomato bisque (bisque preferred)
- 1 can condensed pea soup (plain kind, no ham)
- 1 can beef consomm or broth (not condensed, low-sodium preferred)
- 2 c half-and-half (half milk, half cream)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry sherry
- 2 to 3 cups (700 ml) fresh Dungeness crab meat
- In a blender, or by hand, mix soups.
- In saucepan, heat mixed soups over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add half-and-half and sherry.
- Just before serving, reheat to serving temperature.
- Add crab and heat a few minutes more; avoid cooking the crab.
- Best quality imitation crab meat, shredded, works well and cuts the cost considerably. If you can get only frozen crab meat, use the imitation.
Adapted from 1975 edition of Joy of Cooking's Quick Crab or Lobster Mongole.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.