Print Friendly Recipe
- This is a nice light dessert. It separates during baking into a souffle like topping with the lemon sauce underneath. Very tasty!
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- In a medium mixing bowl combine sugar, flour and salt.
- Stir in lemon juice and rind, butter and milk.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and pale, and add to the lemon mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry, and fold into the lemon mixture.
- Pour into a buttered 6 cups (1425 ml) casserole.
- Place in a larger pan.
- Pour hot water to about 1 inch deep in the larger pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 40 minutes, until the topping is set and golden.
- Serve warm.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.