Print Friendly Recipe
- Moist pumpkin cake with bits of apple and pecan
- Jackie Smith
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground ginger
- 2 tsp (10 ml). baking soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) oil
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour, sifted
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can pumpkin
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecans, chopped
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla extract
- Mix sugars, spices, baking soda, oil, vanilla and eggs.
- Add flour, 1/2 cup (125 ml) at a time. Beat after each addition.
- Mix in pumpkin.
- Stir in apple and nuts by hand.
- Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake 70 minutes in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven.
- Cool 20 minutes in pan, then remove and cool on rack until cooled completely.
- Frost with icing.
- To make icing:
- Combine vanilla, butter and cream cheese.
- Beat well.
- Add confectioner's sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Frost cooled cake.
- Refrigerate until just before serving.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.