Print Friendly Recipe
- Martha Stewarts meatloaf
- Crystal Sechtman
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 4 slices bread, torn into pieces
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg). ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (225 ml) ketchup
- 3 tsp (15 ml). dry mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml). pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Place bread in bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Pulse until fine crumbs form.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add ground beef.
- Place onion, garlic, celery, carrots and parsley in the food processor, pulse until fine.
- Add to meat mixture along with egg, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the ketchup, 2 tsp (10 ml) dry mustard, salt and pepper.
- Place in a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) ketchup, remaining 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard and 2 tbsp (30 ml) brown sugar in a small bowl; stir until smooth.
- Brush mixture over meatloaf.
- Place in the oven with a baking pan set on the rack below to catch drippings.
- Cook until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees (70 C.), about 90 minutes.
- * If top gets too dark, cover with foil and continue baking
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.