Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:5 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). sea scallops
- 2 cups (475 ml) half and half or light cream
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry sherry
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) salt
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) white pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- In saucepan saute mushrooms in a little butter and set aside.
- Combine scallops, water, sherry, salt, white pepper in saucepan and heat until scallops are just cooked.
- In large pot, saute diced onion in a little butter and add half and half.
- Bring to a near boil, then strain liquid from scallops into onion-half and half mixture.
- In separate pan, melt butter, add flour and heat over low heat for 5 minutes to make a roux.
- Thicken onion liquid with this roux, then add scallops and mushrooms.
- Fill casserole with this mixture and top with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.) until brown and bubbly.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.