Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic salt
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cornstarch
- 1 quart (950 ml) oil for deep frying
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). package mozzarella cheese sticks
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water.
- Mix the bread crumbs and garlic salt in a medium bowl.
- In a medium bowl, blend the flour and cornstarch.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- One at a time, moisten each mozzarella stick in the egg mixture, then dip first into the bread crumbs mixture, then the flour mixture, and finally into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- Editors Note: Chilling breaded cheese helps to keep it from melting through until the coating is crisp and sealed.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.