Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- grated rind of lemon or orange
- 1 cup (225 ml) raisins or chopped pecans, or both
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- Sift dry ingredients, add grated rind.
- Cut in shortening as if making a pie crust.
- Mix in raisins and/or nuts.
- Beat the egg, add milk and then stir into mixture until all ingredients are moistened.
- Roll out 1/4 inch thick on lighty floured surface.
- Cut in desired shape with a cookie cutter.
- Bake a few at a time on lightly greased griddle at medium heat until puffed on top and golden brown on bottom.
- Turn over and brown on other side.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.