Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (4 oz) pkg instant chocolate pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) good rum such as Bacardi A ejo
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup (225 ml) Ghirardelli Double Chocolate Chips or semi-sweet chips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) rum
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease one 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Place the chopped nuts in the bottom of the pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, 1/2 cup (125 ml) water and 1/2 cup (125 ml) rum on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan over the top of the nuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven onto a wire rack.
- With a wooden skewer poke holes in the top of the cake.
- Spoon the glaze over the cake slowly to make sure it seeps into the cake.
- Pouring too fast will result in a sticky mess.
- Let cake stand for 30 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- Once cooled completely, store in an airtight container.
- Remember to let the cake sit for 24 hours before serving to enhance the flavor.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.