Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 9" graham cracker pie crust
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml). almond extract
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) flour, sifted
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). lemon peel, grated
- 2 cups (475 ml) cottage cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- strawberry glaze, optional
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries, optional
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Prepare crust; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg yolks until light.
- Blend in salt, lemon juice, vanilla, almond extract, sugar, flour and lemon peel.
- Put cottage cheese into a large bowl.
- Add a small amount of egg yolk mix ture.
- Beat on high speed until curd is broken and nearly smooth.
- Add remaining egg yolk mixture and sour cream.
- Beat until blended.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry.
- Fold into cheese mixture.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Top with Strawberry Glaze and fresh strawberries if desired.
- Refrigerate 5 hours before serving.
- Source:La Parilla The Mexican Grill from the Tampa Tribune
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.