Print Friendly Recipe
- German pancake
- Friend from Germany
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) raisins
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dark rum
- 4 eggs, separated (at room temperature)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) half and half
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- Powdered sugar
- Warm currant preserves
- Soak raisins in 1/4 cup (60 ml) dark rum for 30 minutes; drain.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in a medium bowl until thick and lemon-colored.
- Beat half and half into egg/sugar mixture.
- Add flour to mixture, 1/2 cup (125 ml) at a time; beat well.
- Add vanilla and grated lemon rind.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold into batter.
- Melt butter in a 10 inch oven-proof skillet.
- Pour batter into pan and sprinkle raisins over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) about 15 minutes until top is puffed and golden.
- Invert pancake onto serving platter.
- Tear into 2 inch pieces with 2 forks.
- Dust with powered sugar and serve with preserves.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.