Print Friendly Recipe
- My aunt
Serves/Makes:2 lbs. approx.
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 lb (.5 kg). butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 10 to 12 Hershey bars
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped pecans
- Melt sugar, butter and 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans in an iron skillet; stir constantly over medium-low heat. (Substance will become light brown, smell caramelized, and spoon tracks will show as you stir).
- Cook to hard-crack stage (300 degrees (150 C.) on candy thermometer).
- Pour mixture on a small cookie sheet with sides.
- Spread evenly and place Hershey bars on top.
- Spread the bars as they melt to cover surface.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) pecans.
- Cool slightly before cutting in 1 inch squares.
- Let cool completely on cookie sheet before separating.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.