Print Friendly Recipe
- Quick,simple holiday breakfast that is delicious!
- Practical Gourmet
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) broken walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 2-2/3 cups (625 ml) Bisquick
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 1 can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) hot water
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) to 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) confectioner s sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan.
- Combine first three ingredients and set aside.
- Place remaining ingredients EXCEPT cranberry sauce in a large bowl and stir for 30-45 seconds until combined.
- Spread batter in pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar mixture evenly over the batter.
- Mix cranberry sauce to break-up slightly.
- Drop by tspfuls evenly over cake.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set on cooling rack.
- Cool 30 minutes and then glaze.
- Combine butter and hot water, stir until melted, add vanilla and sugar to form a glaze. (A little thicker than heavy cream)
- Drizzle glaze on warm (NOT HOT) cake.
- Serve warm or cold.
- This is a very simple recipe that I worked up many years ago--it instantly became a family favorite.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.