Print Friendly Recipe
- Spaghetti in a delicious rich anchovy sauce
- 1 lb (.5 kg). dried spaghetti
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 6 anchovy fillets, drained
- pinch of chilli flakes
- 1 oz (28 grm). pitted black olives roughly chopped
- 1 oz (28 grm). pitted green olives roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). tub of passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- salt, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, anchovies and chilli.
- Cook for about 10 minutes until soft and starting to brown.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, and using a grater (place a large plate underneath) rub the flesh of the tomatoe, until only the skin is left - discard the skin.
- Add to the saucepan, and add the paprika and salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the olives and capers and the passatta, add one glass of water and cook on a low heat for about half an hour.
- When ready the sauce should be slightly thick and rich.
- In the meantime cook your spaghetti.
- Rinse (use hot water) and drain, add to the sauce on a very low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring periodically to ensure the pasta keeps hot.
- Serve with parmesan.
- ***Add the spaghetti to the sauce, when the sauce is ready, not before.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.