Print Friendly Recipe
- Oh, these are the quintessential "egg rolls". Sooooo good.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:15 lumpia, 4 cups sauce
- Lumpia Ingredients:
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound shrimp, shelled and cut small
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced small
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut small
- 1/4 pound bean sprouts
- 1 small cabbage head, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 30 egg roll skins
- Optional msg, to taste
- 2 cups (475 ml) vegetable oil, for frying
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soy sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cold water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- Lumpia Directions:
- Brown meat and chicken in pan, drain fat, remove from pan, set aside.
- Brown garlic and onion in butter; add shrimp and salt.
- When shrimp is pink, add meat and chicken.
- When meat is cooked, add beans.
- When beans are soft, add potatoes and carrots.
- Cook till tender, then add cabbage and bean sprout last.
- Cook for 5 minutes. Add salt and MSG (optional) to taste.
- Drain before adding to wrapper.
- With wrapper corner toward you, place 2 to 3 tbsp (45 ml) cooked mixture in wrapper.
- Roll into tight roll and seal end with a water-flour paste.
- Fry rolls in oil until brown over medium-medium high heat.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Amounts can be adjusted to your tastes. May substitute two 14 oz (392 grm). cans of French-style beans for the fresh green fresh green beans.
- Sauce Directions:
- Mince the garlic and mix the cornstarch into the 1/3 cup (80 ml) water.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat; add garlic and saute until softened.
- Stir in brown sugar, soy sauce and 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) water.
- Slowly add cornstarch mixture stirring constantly until thickened.
- Makes 4 cups (950 ml).
- Lumpia is delicious and a fun food to eat. Very much like the "egg rolls" most of us love, only a better combination and better flavors!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.