Print Friendly Recipe
- Jessie Mattox
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 box/bag of frozen chopped broccoli
- shredded mozzerella cheese
- garlic (optional)
- box of toothpicks (non-colored, because colored ones will bleed into the chicken, TRUST ME!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook broccoli as directed on box/bag
- Trim fat from chicken breasts while the broccoli is cooking and salt and pepper each side to taste.
- Flatten chicken with a meat tenderizer until about 1/4 to 1/2" thick (the flatter you get your chicken breasts the more stuffing you can add in the middle) Set Chicken aside.
- Grease a 9 x 12 baking pan with oil or cooking spray such as PAM.
- Drain broccoli after finished cooking, and put in a bowl for later use (it doesn't matter if the broccoli gets cold in this process)
- Return to chicken and place a spoonful of broccoli and a spoonful of cheese and roll up jelly-roll style (sometimes this doesn't work the best, and you may just have to make due while securing with toothpicks)
- Use as many toothpicks as needed to secure your chicken. You may also want to close the sides so the cheese and broccoli will not escape.
- Arrange the chicken on the 9 x 12 pan and top with a little butter. (you may want to melt butter and brush on or you may not want to use butter, but it tastes better with it to me)
- Use left over broccoli to sprinkle in the pan for baking because it gives it more of a broccoli flavor.
- Bake in over for about 45 minutes checking it frequently. (to check doneness cut open largest piece to see if it is done in the middle)
- When finished baking remove chicken from pan and place on platter. Garnish with broccoli in the baking pan and pour left over butter sauce in the pan on top of the chicken.
- This dish is something that I have been wanting to try because my family love chicken broccoli and especially CHEESE. It turned out a lot better than I expected, and now I love stuffed chicken. It seems like a lot of work for one meal, but it is very good, and I would reccommend it for any occasion. I hope you enjoy it. My name is Jessie, and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.