Print Friendly Recipe
- Basic and simple Sugar Cookie Decoration Icing. I think this one is the best to use.
Serves/Makes:about 3 cup
- 1 lb (.5 kg). box confectioner's ([powdered) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla (I like to use almond extract)
- 1 stick butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 or 4 tsp (20 ml) cream
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Add more cream if too stiff, add more confectioner's sugar if too runny.
- Use a decorator's tube to decorate on the cookies.
- I often times will cover the entire base of the cookie with white or a tinted frosting and then go back with more frosting and/or sprinkles, jimmies, candies, etc. and decorate.
This frosting will harden when it sits out on the cookies.
(Note to Editor: This is the correct recipe! I changed the amount it makes to 3 cups which is correct)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.