Print Friendly Recipe
- Traditonal savory bulgar and ground lamb (or beef) dish.
- Susan Doocy (From a visiting diplomat)
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground lamb or beef
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) bulgar (ground wheat)
- 2 medium onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pinenuts, optional
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) allspice
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) flour or more
- In heavy pan, combine meat, onions, allspice and cinnamon on medium flame and cook until all the pink is gone. Keep pressing meat so pieces of onion disappear, about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, soak bulgar in warm water to cover.
- Cover bowl; let stand until all the water is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes. In bulgar, drain all water (if any is left).
- Combine flour, salt and olive oil.
- Mix so that ingredients stick together.
- Grease baking pan with oil.
- Spread half the bulgar mixture on bottom of pan.
- Put meat mixture on top; add pinenuts.
- Top with rest of bulgar.
- Cut into squares and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.